Re: Browser displays source when trying to view .asp

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2003
      pemrichm@... wrote:
      > I'm really having trouble, here. I don't know Apache, perl, and therefore also mod_perl. I know html, and I can learn perl.
      >
      > Here's my problem:
      >
      > I installed Apache::ASP on my WinXP machine. When I try to load a page (.asp) it displays only the code for the page in my browser. On the other hand, when I load a page (.htm*) the browser renders the page perfectly. What are the possible causes for this, and what solutions do you suggest?
      >
      > To be sure, I couldn't understand some of the documentation provided.

      You will need to make sure you have installed mod_perl + Apache.
      Please see:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Win32%20%2F%20Wind0f0e8ac6

      Randy Kobes' build includes Apache::ASP installed with it,
      and there should be README instructions on how to get it
      all working with a sample ASP script included.

      If you are trying to get it to work on your own, please make
      sure to read:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start

      after you have mod_perl installed into Apache. This provides
      directions on getting the sample scripts to work.