Re: Stress test Apache::ASP application.

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 18, 2003
      Richard Curtis wrote:
      > I am looking for a way to stress test my web app which has been
      > developed in Apache::ASP.
      >
      > I have seen an application called "Microsoft Application Center Test"
      > which can literally record a users actions in Internet Explorer, then
      > simulate this action over an over again.
      >
      > This application comes with .Net Enterprise Edition, so is not cheap.
      >
      > Does anyone know of any free / shareware apps that can do a similar
      > thing, but work with an Apache web server.

      The Roboweb project was meant to be a proxy capture replay testing method:

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/roboweb/

      You might look into HTTP::WebTest on CPAN for another method.

      Personally, I find using ab ( ApacheBench ) to be normally adequate,
      but would use direct LWP scripting for something more advanced.
      LWP programming can easily enable the capture & reuse of cookies
      which can help when using ASP sessions.