Re: Problem installing asp.. mldbm-sync and more...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
      Tyler Worman wrote:

      > thanks for responding. I tried that distribution before thats why i set off
      > to get it working from scratch that distro has everything i need except when
      > i tried to start apache from it it said that it could not load the ssl or
      > perl
      > So i tried again now but i still get the same error. It is
      >
      > "Syntax error on line 203 of c:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
      > Cannot load /apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server (126) The Specified
      > module cannot be found:

      Did specifying the full path to the module help as Ruggero suggested?
      On NT, I did not have to do this, since the path was set correctly relative
      to the apache server root.

      I remember when I installed it that I had to pay special attention to
      the PATH environment variable being set so that perl & openssl libraries
      got picked up correctly, did you do this? XP kernel is based on NT, so I
      imagine this would not be done in the config.ini, but in the system control panel
      if XP has it still. I would think it odd that the error would be
      "cannot be found", if really a shared library could not be loaded,
      but this might be it.

      Failing further progress on this to help you, you might contact
      the package maintainer directly, Randy. He might know of issues
      specific to XP.

      Finally, whatever the solution is, be sure you post it here for
      the benefit of all!