Re: $Request->{Form}

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
      Philip Mak wrote:
      > Is it all right to use $Request->{Form}? Directly using this variable
      > seems to be an undocumented feature, but I found it useful recently:
      > It makes $Response->{FormFill} more flexible because now rather than
      > only being able to re-populate the form with data that the user just
      > entered, I can also re-populate the form from a database record
      > (useful for editing things in the database).
      >
      > For example:
      >
      > my $id = int($Request->Params('id'));
      > my $submission = $dbh->selectrow_hashref("SELECT * FROM submissions WHERE id = $id");
      > $Response->{FormFill} = 1;
      > $Request->{Form} = $submission;
      > # HTML code for the form goes below

      I would not recommend doing this exactly as you have done. What I would
      do rather is repopulate the $Form hashref, but keep the blessed object
      reference as it, so:

      %{$Request->{Form}} = %$submission;

      while its OK to access $Request->{Form} directly, what may not be OK
      in the future is to change the class that that hash is blessed into.