problems with image rendering

  • Fernando Munoz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
      I'm exeperiencing a really odd behavior concerning to image rendering. I
      trace the problem to be the fact that I use the <Location> directive in my
      .conf. It seems like because the images directory is in that location, they
      get to be parsed by Apache::ASP. I know that I can use the <Files> directive
      but this is a virtual server environment and I don't want to parse all the
      rest of html, htm files and I really want to use the html extension. I'm
      also using Apache::ASP->Loader and that directive is pre-compiling just the
      extensions I need, however the <Location> directive is calling for parsing
      the whole content of the folder. I test this putting the images in an
      outside-of-the-Location folder and they are rendered just fine. Due to the
      current configuration of domains content I can not use the images directory
      in a different place other than inside the folder where the scripts are (I
      mean, I could but that calls for a major restructuration, and time is
      against me). Anyone have a suggestion about how to configure the application
      in .conf to avoid a sub-directory(images) to be parsed? Is there any
      Apache::ASP directive to tell the module not to parse a sub-folder?

      Thanks !

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
        Fernando Munoz wrote:
        > I'm exeperiencing a really odd behavior concerning to image rendering. I
        > trace the problem to be the fact that I use the <Location> directive in my
        > .conf. It seems like because the images directory is in that location, they
        > get to be parsed by Apache::ASP. I know that I can use the <Files> directive
        > but this is a virtual server environment and I don't want to parse all the
        > rest of html, htm files and I really want to use the html extension. I'm
        > also using Apache::ASP->Loader and that directive is pre-compiling just the
        > extensions I need, however the <Location> directive is calling for parsing
        > the whole content of the folder. I test this putting the images in an

        What about using a Files match like:

        <Files ~ "/folder/.*\.html$" >
        ASP directives
        </Files>

      • Fernando Munoz
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
          I tried that, I must be doing something wrong but it doesn't work, it is not
          even parsing anymore.

          <Files ~ "/ApplicationFolder/.*\.html$">
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlModule Apache::ASP
          PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
          PerlSetVar Global /folder/folder/packages
          PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Package
          PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/Package
          PerlSetVAr Debug 3
          PerlSetVar MailHost 55.55.55.55
          PerlSetVar StateDB MLDB::Sync::SDMB_File
          </File>

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
            Fernando Munoz wrote:
            > I tried that, I must be doing something wrong but it doesn't work, it is not
            > even parsing anymore.

            The syntax for the Files regexp is probably wrong then, check
            out what might work better in the apache manuals.

            http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#files

            Its probably the .* that should be just *

            --Josh

            > <Files ~ "/ApplicationFolder/.*\.html$">
            > SetHandler perl-script
            > PerlModule Apache::ASP
            > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
            > PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
            > PerlSetVar Global /folder/folder/packages
            > PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Package
            > PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/Package
            > PerlSetVAr Debug 3
            > PerlSetVar MailHost 55.55.55.55
            > PerlSetVar StateDB MLDB::Sync::SDMB_File
            > </File>

          • Fernando Munoz
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
              Solved ! I've never tried this before but digging I found that the <Files>
              directive can be nested inside a <Directory> directive. And that was it.

              <Directory /ApplicationFolder> ## it needs to be absolute, obviously
              <Files ~ (\.html)>
              SetHandler perl-script
              PerlModule Apache::ASP
              PerlHandler Apache::ASP
              PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
              PerlSetVar Global /folder/folder/packages
              PerlSetVar GlobalPackage Apache::ASP::Package
              PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/Package
              PerlSetVAr Debug 3
              PerlSetVar MailHost 55.55.55.55
              PerlSetVar StateDB MLDB::Sync::SDMB_File
              </Files>
              </Directory>

              It's now working just fine. No more rendering problems.