Re: multipart email using $Server->Mail

  • Philip Mak
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
      Fernando Munoz wrote:
      > has anyone tried successfully to send "Content-type:
      > multipart/alternative" email using the $Server->Mail object? I'm
      > trying to send email with boundaries for text and html portions.
      > I've already have html working with no problem but when I try to put
      > both formats in a message body I always end receiving a whole text
      > (including html code) email (I've tried several email clients). I'd
      > appreciate an example.

      You might also try sending yourself an HTML and text e-mail with an
      HTML e-mail client, and looking at the raw source that it generates.

      Then, compare it with what you are generating with $Server->Mail; you
      might find what the problem is.

    • Fernando Munoz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
        Well, after trying some venues, I've got the results I was looking for using
        MIME::Lite as you suggested. I tried using the "as_string" method to
        transfer it to Body in $Server->Mail with no success, I tried various header
        configurations but, it always ended as plain text at the receiver. I'll
        probaly try again in the future. I tested this with several mail-clients and
        the result was 100% satisfactory in all of them, I know this doesn't mean
        that it'll work in every single client but I'm covered for the most popular
        ones. The solution is extremely simple and is detailed in the MIME::Lite
        docs.

        $MailBodyHTML = $MAIL->create_HTML_mail(my_variables); # this is a
        for-the-purpose module I wrote
        $MailBodyText = $MAIL->create_Text_mail(my_variables);

        my $Subject = "Any appropriate subject line";

        MIME::Lite->send('smtp', "smtp.mailserver"); # I use a SMTP server; it
        obviuously works the same using the default sendmail

        my $message = MIME::Lite->new (
        From => 'sender@...',
        To => 'receiver@...',
        Subject => $Subject,