Problem with global.asa

  • Oleg Kobyakovskiy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hello Everybody,

      I have next problem:

      I have 2 sites example.com and admin.example.com. They are under
      Apache::ASP both, placed in differert path and each of then has own
      global.asa file. Sometime when I'm trying to look at admin.example.com
      it runs the Application_OnStart function from example.com site and fills
      the $Application by example.com site values. So I can work with
      admin.example.com site after application finished only or after I
      restart apche and remove state folders.

      I use Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.44
      OpenSSL/0.9.6g DAV/2. I had the same problem with apache-1.3.x,
      mod_perl-1.27 and perl-5.6.1. Apache::ASP version is 2.49, OS Linux.

      All ASP settings are in the .htaccess files in both sites.

      Does somebody know what is wrong.

      Thanks for your time and help.

      --
      Best regards.

      Oleg ok@...
      (nic-hdl) OKU11

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
        Oleg Kobyakovskiy wrote:
        > Hello Everybody,
        >
        > I have next problem:
        >
        > I have 2 sites example.com and admin.example.com. They are under
        > Apache::ASP both, placed in differert path and each of then has own
        > global.asa file. Sometime when I'm trying to look at admin.example.com
        > it runs the Application_OnStart function from example.com site and fills
        > the $Application by example.com site values. So I can work with
        > admin.example.com site after application finished only or after I
        > restart apche and remove state folders.
        >
        > I use Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.44
        > OpenSSL/0.9.6g DAV/2. I had the same problem with apache-1.3.x,
        > mod_perl-1.27 and perl-5.6.1. Apache::ASP version is 2.49, OS Linux.
        >
        > All ASP settings are in the .htaccess files in both sites.
        >
        > Does somebody know what is wrong.

        Make sure they use different GlobalPackage settings, as that is
        the package that events like Application_OnStart are compiled into.
        So using different global.asa with the same GlobalPackage settings
        should be avoided generally.

        If you are not using GlobalPackage config, it would be helpful
        if you could post your .htaccess files & PerlSetVar settings
        from httpd.conf to figure out what the problem might be.

      • Oleg Kobyakovskiy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
          Hello Josh,

          Thank you very much. I've removed GlobalPackage from .htaccess and it
          looks like all work correct now.

          Thank you one more time.

          Josh Chamas wrote:
          > Oleg Kobyakovskiy wrote:
          >
          >> Hello Everybody,
          >>
          >> I have next problem:
          >>
          >> I have 2 sites example.com and admin.example.com. They are under
          >> Apache::ASP both, placed in differert path and each of then has own
          >> global.asa file. Sometime when I'm trying to look at admin.example.com
          >> it runs the Application_OnStart function from example.com site and
          >> fills the $Application by example.com site values. So I can work with
          >> admin.example.com site after application finished only or after I
          >> restart apche and remove state folders.
          >>
          >> I use Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.44
          >> OpenSSL/0.9.6g DAV/2. I had the same problem with apache-1.3.x,
          >> mod_perl-1.27 and perl-5.6.1. Apache::ASP version is 2.49, OS Linux.
          >>
          >> All ASP settings are in the .htaccess files in both sites.
          >>
          >> Does somebody know what is wrong.
          >>

          > Make sure they use different GlobalPackage settings, as that is
          > the package that events like Application_OnStart are compiled into.
          > So using different global.asa with the same GlobalPackage settings
          > should be avoided generally.
          >
          > If you are not using GlobalPackage config, it would be helpful
          > if you could post your .htaccess files & PerlSetVar settings
          > from httpd.conf to figure out what the problem might be.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Josh

          Best regards.

          Oleg ok@...