936Re: Virtual host interference?

  • Csongor Fagyal
    Jan 13, 2003
      Josh Chamas wrote:

      > Csongor Fagyal wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what
      >> happens:
      >> I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost
      >> A has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have
      >> a syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error.
      >> However, site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an
      >> error, and it logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
      >>
      >> Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
      >> modules/scripts.
      >>
      >> Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
      >> (but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is
      >> RedHat 8.
      >>

      > If you are setting "use strict;" in your scripts, try using the UseStrict
      > config also as the errors are handled better then.
      >
      > If that does not work for you, then it may be helpful to see what the
      > error message is, or even a trace from your error log for these requests
      > when Debug -1 is set.

      I have tried UseStrict and indeed I had some scripts which were not
      written in a way they should have :-) That is, I had some undeclared
      variables (well... kind of). Since then I have not seen this error ...
      the problem is that this error was occusring very rarely even when I did
      not use UseStrict. So if this error will not occur again in the next few
      months, then I will consider this issue solved :-)

      Thank you for your help,
      - Cs.