889Re: No Valid Request Object

    Dec 7, 2002
      Richard Curtis wrote:
      > Hi.
      > I have compiled Apache2 (version 2.0.43), with mod_perl 2 (version
      > 1.99_07-dev) on linux and installed Apache::ASP (latest version from CPAN).
      > I have also added the following to my httpd.conf :
      >
      > PerlModule Apache::ASP
      > PerlSendHeader On
      > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      > SetHandler perl-script
      > PerlSendHeader On
      > PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      > PerlSetVar Global .
      > PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp
      > </Files>
      >
      > When I try to make a request, (http or https) I get the following error:
      >
      > [Sat Dec 07 11:01:18 2002] [info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received
      > for child 1 (server linux:443)
      > No valid request object (Apache::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x829e548)) passed to
      > ASP handler; if you are getting

      This error occurs when Apache::ASP tries to verify the Apache request
      object, and it does this with the filename API in Apache::ASP::handler()
      like so:

      # default to Apache request object if not passed in, for possible DSO fix
      # rarely happens, but just in case
      my $filename;
      unless($filename = eval { $r->filename }) {
      if($filename = eval { Apache->request->filename }) {
      $r = Apache->request;
      } else {
      return &DSOError($r);

      So while I cannot tell you why this is happening ( the error message
      refers to old mod_perl 1 DSO problems, I can tell you that your
      mod_perl setup is not working enough for Apache::ASP.

      Something to check, can you run even the simplest mod_perl script
      like an Apache::Registry script or mod_perl handler, or is this
      problem isolated to Apache::ASP.

      Something to try, does removing the "PerlSendHeader On" lines
      help, or is this something you added only after the error message?