549Re: change

    Jul 1, 2002
      karvendhan wrote:
      > Hi all,,
      >
      > Can I use <?perl .... perl?> or <?perl ... ?> ?
      >
      > IS it supported ? if not How I can change it?

      This feature is not documented, so consider it experimental...

      There is an event called Script_OnParse that is called
      before parsing the ASP script. The data about to be parsed
      can be found in the reference $Server->{ScriptRef}, so you
      might do something like:

      # global.asa
      sub Script_OnParse {
      my $script_data = $Server->{ScriptRef};
      $$script_data =~ s/\<\?perl(.*?)(perl)?\?\>/<% $1 %>/isg;
      }

      Like I said, its an experimental feature. I put it in
      a long time ago for such a use, but never documented it
      or really solidified the API. Pending feedback on the feature
      I might change the API & fix some bugs that arise out of testing.
      So please let me know how & whether it works for you, and
      if it does, I'll make sure it becomes part of the standard
      documented feature set.

    »
    «