541Re: Enforcing Cookieless Sessions

  • Ben Soares
    Jun 28, 2002
      Thanks very much! This will definitely tie up one of our several loose
      ends. We can probably wait for the 2.37 release since we're only in trial
      at the moment, and not service.

      Cheers,

      Ben

      On Friday 28 June 2002 21:30, Joshua Chamas wrote:
      > Ben Soares wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I've tried the latter suggestion with some success, however I still get
      > > problems especially when you reload a page without the session-id.
      > > Ideally I would like the absence of a session-id to really reforce a
      > > login, but it's still picking up any cookie that may have been set.
      > > This could be a problem with public access labs where we have no
      > > control over what might be set on browsers, and different users might
      > > be wandering up to log in after each

      > This feature will be implemented with the SessionQueryForce
      > config in Apache::ASP 2.37, release date to be determined.
      > Let me know if you want my dev version ahead of time.
      >
      > --Josh

      Ben Soares tel: +44 (0)131-651 1238
      EDINA, Edinburgh University Data Library fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
      Main Library Building, George Square email: ben.soares@...
      Edinburgh EH8 9LJ, Scotland, UK www: http://edina.ac.uk/