41RE: Intermittent error in Included script

  • John D. Leonard II
    Jan 3, 2002
      Joshua:

      > > use HTML::TreeBuilder;
      > > use ISG::CourseTools;
      > >

      > In what package is WeekOfYear() defined and how it is
      > supposed to be exported into the global.asa package? Is it
      > using Exporter? Make sure that the package that defines
      > WeekOfYear() and exports it is used in global.asa so the
      > import of WeekOfYear() can occur. Also make sure that
      > WeekOfYear is being explicitly exported.

      WeekOfYear()is exported in ISG::CourseTools. The ISG::CourseTools
      module was created using "h2xs" from the command line. My module test
      script "t/weekofyear.t" works properly. Here is the top of my module:

      ===================================
      package ISG::CourseTools;

      require 5.005_62;
      use strict;
      use warnings;

      require Exporter;
      use AutoLoader qw(AUTOLOAD);

      use Time::Local;
      use Time::localtime;

      our @ISA = qw(Exporter);

      # Items to export into callers namespace by default. Note: do not export
      # names by default without a very good reason. Use EXPORT_OK instead.
      # Do not simply export all your public functions/methods/constants.

      # This allows declaration use ISG::CourseTools ':all';
      # If you do not need this, moving things directly into @EXPORT or
      @EXPORT_OK
      # will save memory.
      our %EXPORT_TAGS = ( 'all' => [ qw(
      WeekOfYear
      ) ] );

      our @EXPORT_OK = ( @{ $EXPORT_TAGS{'all'} } );

      our @EXPORT = qw(
      WeekOfYear
      );

      > FYI, Global acts an an IncludesDir... IncludesDir is nice when
      > you want to share includes accross applications.

      Does "IncludeDir" also apply to any and all "use" commands?

      > If you are using StatINC or StatINCMatch settings, try
      > turning them off & see if that makes a difference.

      StatINC is set to the default (0). I explicitly set it and still get
      the same intermittent problem.

      I'll keep plugging.

      JL