376Enforcing Cookieless Sessions

  • Ben Soares
    May 10, 2002
      Hi,

      We've been using Apache::ASP to develop one of our projects for the last
      couple of months so far with relative success. Thanks to the Apache::ASP
      developers!

      One question, I know you can have cookieless sessions if the browser has
      cookies disabled, but I would like to know if you can *force* cookieless
      sessions.

      Basically, I am ensuring that the "session-id=$Session->{SessionID}" appears
      in each link/form from each page, and I have set SessionQuery in the
      httpd.conf file (although I have not set SessionQueryParse or
      SessionQueryMatch -- I don't think I need to since I'm doing it "manually").

      This all seems to work fine except for my problem: I want a user to be able
      to login again (different user) and start with a new Session. Unfortunately,
      Apache::ASP seems to be setting a cookie regardless and this is interfering
      with my new Session. Naturally I cannot ensure users will have cookies
      disabled in their browser.

      So, to sum up: is there a way to *stop* Apache::ASP setting the session-id
      cookie?

      Thanks for any help,

      Ben
      --
      Ben Soares tel: +44 (0)131-651 1238
      EDINA, Edinburgh University Data Library fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308