2284Re: Content-Type header

  • Tsirkin Evgeny
    Aug 11, 2011
      Dear Rock the Kazbah and the list,
      I was just hit by this problem when using ajax request with firefox .
      (I know this mail is REALLY old )
      Anyway ,for those guys ,like myself ,that are supporting ,applications written with
      apache::asp ,there are must be somebody that at least will have write permissions
      to the module on CPAN .
      As an example this Content-Type bug from 2008 totally breaks ajax post request from firefox.
      There is a simple fix ,but we need somebody to apply it.
      Thanks.
      Evgeny

      On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Rock the Kazbah <momex2000@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      Back in June 2006, I asked about the content-type header as it relates to a form post from a mobile phone browser. The original message that I sent can be seen here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-asp/200606.mbox/%3CBAY113-F338CCAE926ACAC394078A3BF7A0@...%3E

      In a nutshell, in most situations, the browser will send the content-type header as 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' but some browsers under certain circumstances, add additional information at the end of the content-type header string. In particular, Firefox 3 is sending 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8' when a POST request is initiated through AJAX. This causes the form elements being submitted in AJAX to be ignored.

      I manually did a change on the Apache::ASP::Request module to correct this problem, changing the line

           if($headers_in->get('Content-Type') eq 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded')

          if($headers_in->get('Content-Type') =~ m|^application/x-www-form-urlencoded|) {

      which solved the problem. However, as the change wasn't bundled into Apache::ASP back then, I'm wondering if there's something else I should be doing to solve this problem?

      Thanks for any feedback.

      .rw

      Win a trip with your 3 best buddies. Enter today.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic