2249Re: Undefined subroutine error

  • Roberto C. Sánchez
    Nov 12, 2008
      On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:18:21AM -0800, Skylos wrote:
      > Apache::Asp caches subroutine compiles within processes.
      >
      > Kill all running apache processes to delete their cache. (you don't
      > strictly have to restart to do this (killing workers and letting apache
      > restart them works too) but its easier)
      >
      > It works when it hits one that loaded the module version that has the
      > method.
      >
      > It doesn't work when it hits one that loaded the module version that doesn't
      > have the method.
      >
      > I restart apache obsessively when modifying and testing modules for exactly
      > this reason.
      >
      > You can also ameliorate this problem by lowering the number of requests a
      > process handles before restarting, at the expense of cache hits.

      Thing is that this is happening to me on a production setup. I am not
      changing anything. Even completely stopping Apache and starting it
      fresh does not alleviate the problem. Something really strange is that
      when I serve the content from a DocumentRoot of /srv/http/example, I
      *never* get the error. However, when I use a DocumentRoot of
      /srv/http/www.example.com, I do get the error from intermittently to
      constantly.

      Regards,

      -Roberto