2179Users on a web site

  • Adrian
    Jan 12, 2007
      Hi
         sorry if this has been done many times before but I'm new to this and Google has yet to help me so I hope you can!

      I had a site on IIS using asp I had a global.asa that counted uses on and off the site with a time out of 20min all worked OK but now I'm on a Linux host with ASP I cannot get it to work! Can it be done? if so where am I doing wrong?

      thanks

      global.asa
      Sub Session_OnStart
       Session.Timeout = 2 '20 minute timeout
          Application.Lock
          Application("visitors_online") = Application("visitors_online") + 1
          Application.Unlock
       FrontPage_ConvertFromODBC '==FrontPage Generated==
      End Sub
      Sub Session_OnEnd
          Application.Lock
          Application("visitors_online") = Application("visitors_online") - 1
          Application.Unlock
      End Sub

      test.asp
      <%=Application("visitors_online")%>