2128RE: Viewing all open/active sessions?

  • John Drago
    Apr 13, 2006
      > Is there an easy way to view all open sessions for a
      > given instance of Apache::ASP?

      Yes, it is possible.

      > I realize that it is
      > possible for me to keep track of this myself, but
      > since the system manages sessions transparently, I
      > really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

      If you are using Sync::MLDBM as your persistence mechanism then you can
      descend through the state directory, looking for sessions that have not
      timed out.

      > Even a
      > command-line perl tool to interrogate a state
      > directory would be great; I just want some way of
      > measuring active usage at any given time.

      Another way to go about it might include:

      sub Session_OnStart
      {
      push @{ $Application->{session_ids} }, $Session->{SessionID};
      }

      sub Session_OnEnd
      {
      my @ids = @{ $Application->{session_ids} };
      @ids = grep { $_ ne $Session->{SessionID} };
      $Application->{session_ids} = \@ids;
      }

      ...Then, to get a list of all active sessions, just access
      $Application->{session_ids}