2070Re: might be Off Topic...

  • D. L. Fox
    Jul 26, 2005
      Correction. The select element is all that needed the "name" attribute.
      The "name" attribute is not allowed for an option element (or form
      element) in XHTML strict. However, giving the select element a "name"
      attribute is acceptable, and was sufficient to fix the problem.

      I think I might use this as an experiment for other form elements as
      well, to see what other little quirks there may be in using forms while
      maintaining the XHTML strict standard.