2001Re: Problem with PDF files

  • Jonathan Dixon
    Apr 25, 2005
      > This declares *.pdf files as being ASP files. Apache::ASP is trying to
      > interpret them directly!
      >
      > What you want to do cannot be accomplished with this mechanism. Try looking
      > at the various Apache modules.

      I understand that this forces the PDF files to be handled through Apache::ASP. But shouldn't the Script_OnStart section in the global.asa file short-circuit the processing of the file itself and send it out as a straight binary file? This is what seems to happen for the Word files in the directory that are treated the same way.

      Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for modules to look at that can check for a valid ASP session before allowing access to files on the server?

      Thanks,

      Jon Dixon
      dixonjon@...
      http://dixonjon.tripod.com/