1987Server -> ServerReq

  • perennialmind
    Apr 7, 2005
      This may well be fixed in cvs, but I didn't see any info on how to
      find out, so, just in case...

      According to http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-2.0-current/Changes
      , mod_perl version 1.99_15 moved Apache::Server to Apache::ServerReq.
      As of Apache::ASP version 2.57, ASP::ApacheCommon still references
      Apache::Server. Because this is loaded inside an eval block for which
      $@ isn't even checked, the failure to load Apache::ServerReq and
      Apache::Log goes unnoticed. For me this results in small breakages
      such as:
      Can't locate object method "log_error" via package Apache::RequestRec"
      instead of useful messages in the error log. Judging from the list
      archives, I am not alone.

      Apache::compat, masks the bug, so I could easily imagine this going
      unnoticed.