1909Re: Apache::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort

    Dec 31, 2004
      Patrick Conroy wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > A very strange error just started up. I have had an app running on a
      > Fedora Core 2 server for a while now with Apache/2.0.51 and
      > mod_perl-1.99_12-2.1. In the past couple of days I have started
      > getting hundreds of the following errors:
      >
      > error executing eventpop.html: Apache::RequestIO::print: (103)
      > Software caused connection abort at
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Apache/ASP/Response.pm line 279,
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Apache/ASP.pm line 1483
      >
      > It seems to happen whenever a client navigates away from the page
      > before the app is finished serving it.

      I am not aware of what would cause this problem, nor what the
      fix should be. You might repost this to the mod_perl list and
      see what could be a fix/work around. Maybe there is a mod_perl
      upgrade or related fix for you?

      It seems like I could wrap the call to $r->print() in an eval
      to prevent this kind of error, but this seems to me like
      a fatal error should not be thrown regardless.