1856Re: file upload status bar (a la yahoo attachment status bar)

  • Warren Young
    Oct 22, 2004
      V.I. wrote:

      > Please, tell me would be my best options to
      > display the upload status as the files are being
      > uploaded

      We ended up writing a Windows uploader that worked outside the HTTP
      stream. This works in our situation because we have tight control of
      the clients, we are uploading huge files that could cause problems with
      the CGI upload method anyway, and we have a custom server program
      running alongside Apache anyway.

      Another option we looked at are any of several Java-based upload
      mechanisms. These work, but none of them was better than our custom
      uploader for our purposes.