1813Re: Post data truncation: CGI.pm / Apache::ASP problem?

  • Andrew Koebrick
    Aug 24, 2004
      Josh,

      Apologies for the delay in following up with this- odditiies
      accessing the list.

      Anyhow- the advice you gave below about fixing the POST truncation
      issue did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

      Andrew Koebrick

      --- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, Josh Chamas <josh@c...> wrote:
      > exlibrismn wrote:
      > > I am having problems with post data being truncated. What is the
      > > state of compatibility between Apache::ASP and CGI.pm?
      > >
      > > My setup:
      > > Redhat 8
      > > Apache 2
      > > Apache::ASP 2.57
      > > CGI.pm 2.89
      > >
      > > Max_Post has been tried both turned up high and set to -1 and 0.
      > >
      > > I tried to upgrade to CGI.pm 3.04 but following upgrade _no_ post
      > > data made it through and I rolled back to 2.89
      > >

      > There may be issues with CGI vs. Apache::ASP in Apache2/mod_perl2.
      >
      > Try setting "PerlSetVar RequestBinaryRead Off" as documented here:
      >
      > http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#RequestBinarc4419e4b
      >
      > but then $Request->Form will not be set up for you. It would be
      > good to know whether this fixed things in your case.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Josh

      __
      http://dir.nodeworks.com