1611Re: Apache/mod_perl/Apache::ASP TIEHASH problem

  • Tige D. Chastain
    Mar 2, 2004
      On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:07, Josh Chamas wrote:
      > Tige D. Chastain wrote:
      > > Hi all. I'm new to the Apache::ASP module, and am having some issues
      > > with it.
      > >
      > > I recompiled mod_perl against an RPM Apache installation (I know - I
      > > should compile Apache from source), recompiled Apache::ASP, as well as
      > > all dependencies from source. I'm running Apache 1.3.27, mod_perl 1.29,
      > > and Apache::ASP 2.57.
      > >
      > > Now when I attempt to access an ASP page, I get the following error
      > > message in Apache:
      > >
      > > perl_tie_hash: Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package
      > > "Apache::Table" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Apache/ASP.pm
      > > line 266.
      >
      > Hmmm... maybe your mod_perl does not have Apache::Table support compiled in.
      > This might have become a problem ever since Apache::ASP 2.55, when a native
      > port to mod_perl2 was done, requiring the use of Apache::Table API.
      >
      > So you might try downgrading to 2.53 or earlier, check out this link for archived
      > versions of the software:
      >
      > http://backpan.cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/C/CH/CHAMAS/
      >
      > If you want to use the latest Apache::ASP, you should at least
      > recompile your mod_perl from scratch ( this does not mean you have
      > to recompile your Apache though ). I believe the default mod_perl build
      > is to enable Apache::Table support for at least a couple years now.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Josh

      Josh,

      Actually, I thought about that when I recompiled mod_perl from source.
      I basically enabled everything when I compiled from source. Here are
      the flags I used:

      USE_APXS=1
      WITH_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs
      APACHE_USER=apache
      APACHE_GROUP=apache
      PERL_TABLE_API=1
      PERL_DISPATCH=1
      PERL_POST_READ_REQUEST=1
      PERL_TRANS=1
      PERL_HEADER_PARSER=1
      PERL_ACCESS=1
      PERL_AUTHEN=1
      PERL_AUTHZ=1
      PERL_TYPE=1
      PERL_FIXUP=1
      PERL_LOG=1
      PERL_INIT=1
      PERL_CLEANUP=1
      PERL_RESTART=1
      PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1
      PERL_METHOD_HANDLERS=1
      PERL_DIRECTIVE_HANDLERS=1
      PERL_LOG_API=1
      PERL_URI_API=1
      PERL_UTIL_API=1
      PERL_FILE_API=1
      PERL_SECTIONS=1
      PERL_SSI=1

      As you can see, I did compile in Apache::Tables. I'll try the older
      version and see what I come up with. I just cannot figure out when the
      mod_perl cannot find the Apache::Table module. Do I need to load this
      directly in Apache's httpd.conf file to satisfy a dependency? When I do
      a /usr/local/bin/perl -e 'use Apache::Table' I get a 0 for a return
      code.

      Any insight from anyone is greatly appreciated.

      Tige Chastain