1451Re: Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules

    Dec 17, 2003
      Stas Bekman wrote:
      > Josh Chamas wrote:
      >
      >> Stas Bekman wrote:
      >>

      >>> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which
      >>> is a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
      >>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
      >>>

      >> The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of
      >> Apache::compat
      >> entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.
      >

      > I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN
      > and grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of
      > date, or it's still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

      A grep of Apache::ASP v2.55 shows no code references to Apache::compat

      [Apache-ASP-2.55]$ grep -r 'Apache::compat' .
      ./site/changes.html: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
      ./lib/Apache/ASP/Response.pm: # don't need this for mod_perl2 it seems from Apache::compat
      ./README: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
      ./ASP.pm: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better

      The doc references are for previous versions in which it was used.