1403Re: Delete Session from Another User or Program

    Nov 4, 2003
      Stuart Johnston wrote:
      > In our application, we track failed login attempts through the Session.
      > If a user fails to login three times, they are locked out of the sytem
      > until their Session expires.
      > We ocassionally have users call and ask us to reset their session when
      > they have been locked out. I would like to have a way for an
      > Administrative user to delete someone else's session. This could be
      > from within the Apache::ASP application or from a seperate script.
      > Has anyone implemented something like this? Any suggestions?

      When you go to expire the session, places its ID in $Application, say
      in $Application->{FailedSessions} or some such. Then you can restore
      the original session via the same $Application object with this API:

      It is used like:

      my $restore_session = $Application->GetSession($session_id);

      Use of $Session and $Application should only be for data that you really
      need to persist in this way so be careful of how much you actually choose
      to store in them.

      For deleting a session, there is no API for this, however, you can do
      something just as good by restoring the session, and then destroying its
      contents like ..

      my $restore_session = $Application->GetSession($session_id);
      %$restore_session = ();

      You could also try to expire it, but I have not tried that before, but
      it could certainly work at this point. $restore_session->Abandon might
      work just as well at this point.

      NodeWorks Link Checker http://www.nodeworks.com