1400Re: XML - problem with variable scoping

    Nov 3, 2003
      Helmut wrote:
      > Hi TIA,
      >
      > correction:
      >
      > <my:display variable="$Session->{'loaded1'}"/> or
      > <my:display variable="<%=$Session->{'loaded1'}%>"/>
      >
      > seem not to work, because ASP does not recognize it as variables.
      > You could use

      As of v2.45, <my:display variable="<%=$Session->{'loaded1'}%>"/>
      can work with the XMLSubsPerlArgs setting set to Off. This will
      become the default one day...

      http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#XMLSubsPerlA21dba3d7

      Per the original request, I believe it can be neatly handled
      instead of using $Session, the developer sets up their own $Data
      global that they clear in Script_OnStart for per request data passing.
      Use of $Session can be expensive compared to an in memory hash,
      so should only be reserved for use when needing to pass data between
      requests for a user.