14Perl functionality in ASP files

  • Howell, Steven
    Dec 12, 2001
      Hi folks,

      Is the normal range of Perl functionality available from the Perlscript
      which makes up an Apache::ASP file? For example, can you read and write to
      files on your server, use pattern matching, link in other modules to perform
      specific operations (like database access, XML document parsing) etc?

      I ask this because when writing ASP files to run on Microsoft IIS, if you
      use VBScript, this is a cut-down version of the Visual Basic language, with
      a lot of the useful functionality removed. I am hoping that this is not the
      case with Perlscript.

      Thanks,

      Steve Howell