1295Re: upgrading from v1.95

    Aug 4, 2003
      Quoting Remi Fasol <re_mi_fa@...>:

      > hello,
      >
      > i'm a moving my site to a new machine and decided to
      > upgrade from version 1.95 to the current version.
      >
      > i enable cookieless sessions via SessionQuery but
      > would like to turn this feature off when my local site
      > indexing system runs (otherwise it takes way too long
      > to index the site). i fixed this problem in the older
      > version with a simple modification to "sub URL" in
      > ASP.pm like this:

      How about using a mod_perl style PerlInitHandler to
      unset ( or set to Off ), the SessionQuery configs if the
      user agent matches your specified user agents. This method
      is documented here...

      http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#How%20can%20I%20kef206b910

      but the focus of that solution to disabling session in case
      of bots hitting your site.