1186Re: ASP-Object in PerlAuth Handler

  • Dr. Helmut Zeilinger
    May 7, 2003
      Hallo,

      further testing let me come to the result, that setting up the
      asp object in an earlier apache phase does not work correctly. The
      reason is, that the %ENV hash seems to be filled through the single
      phases. For example in the PerlAuthen phase the only keys of %ENV are
      PATH, GATEWAY_INTERFACE and MOD_PERL.

      Because you make use of this hash during the object creation, it probably
      might not work correctly.

      One might argue, that if there is no CONTENT_LENGTH, the request POST data
      are also not fetched, and so my original problem does not exist. But it
      seems
      to be so, that only sometimes the POST data are fetched in the previous
      handler (???)

      Anyway, what i was originally intending was the creation of the Session
      object
      in the Authen phase to check if the user has as valid session key. It would
      of course be
      nice to get the Session object "alone" without the price of setting up the
      whole
      ASP object.

      For now i am using your workaround

      sub My::Auth::handler {
      local $ENV{CONTENT_LENGTH} = 0;
      my $ASP = Apache::ASP->new($r);

      to ensure, that the POST data are not fetched (=lost).

      I keep thinking about this.

      Thank You!

      Helmut