1171RE: Connected to a MYSQL database with ASP?

  • Helmut Zeilinger
    May 3, 2003
      Hi Fernando,

      to speed up your application you should load the Apache::DBI module
      before loading the DBI module, eg. by:

      PerlModule Apache::DBI
      PerlModule DBI

      or in startup.pl (MP2):

      use Apache::DBI;
      use DBI;

      Apache::DBI caches the DB connection, so a DBI->connect at the beginning of
      a script
      and a DBI->disconnect at the end don't slow things down.

      The module works behind the scenes, so you have not to change anything in
      your
      Apache::ASP script.

      Helmut

      --On Thursday, May 01, 2003 11:12:12 -0700 Fernando Munoz