Re: [ap-ug] Binowiever: Which Barlow?

  • chris1011@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 5, 2005
      In a message dated 12/5/2005 12:08:19 PM Central Standard Time, nf@...
      writes:

      > Regarding the 1.25 and 1.7, I had to move them from the bino to the
      > prism to have enough backfocus. They do not thread into the right
      > angle prism; the flange of the corrector cell is squeesed between the
      > 2" nose and the prism house.
      >
      > To get it in this position, the corrector cell has to point in the
      > opposite direction. For that reason I turned the corrector lenses in
      > their cells so that their convex side points towards the telescope.

      For these units you can turn them around as you did by removing the optics
      from the cell and replacing them in the other direction. Now they can be
      threaded into the prism housing. The 2.6x optics cannot be removed and have been
      permanently placed so that they must go into the prism housing. The retaining ring
      has been glued into place, and if you manage to remove it anyway, the optics
      will come out in several pieces, because this is an airspaced design. It may
      be impossible to put them back in properly, so do not remove this one from the
      housing.

      Roland christen

    • Tahir Saban
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 17, 2005
        No don't discard it. You might need the ring someday if you want to use the
        binoviewer on a scope without the prism supplied with the binoviewer. If you
        don't use the prism, and connect the 2" barrel to the part holding the
        corrector, the lens sits loose because it can not be screwed in and needs
        the washer.

        Regard

        Tahir Saban