Re: Astro-Physics' New Telescopes for Visual Astronomers

  • ayiomamitis
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 1, 2004
      Peter,

      A run involving a new product (ex. a longer f/l 155) will impact those
      already waiting for the f/7 version and from this perspective it does
      make sense to give those already on the list first crack.

      Personally, I am looking at a five year wait and I do want an AP 155.
      I am flexible whether it is f/7 or f/9 (for example) but would prefer
      an f/9 instrument and, should the next run offer the ability of an
      f/9, I am sure the current f/7 list will move faster due to some
      people moving over to the new product.

      For those already on the 155 list, it technically means no difference
      if a new product is being introduced or not since they will have
      access to either one when they called. The same could be said for
      those now signing up on the notification list.

      Anthony.

      --- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com, Peter Natscher <natscher@s...> wrote:
      > Dear Roland,
      >
      > Why would you mix your forthcoming longer fl 6" scope orders with the
      > current f/7 EDF order list? Are all of your 6" apo's orders placed
      on one
      > list regardless of whether they are EDF's or EDFS's? Why not start a
      fresh
      > list for this new "visual" scope so that the visual group all have a new
      > chance of ordering the longer fl apo. This new apo is supposed to be
      for the
      > visual group of amateurs, right? The f/7 EDF's are primarily being
      bought
      > for film and CCD interests. Otherwise, nothing has really changed with
      > bringing in a new apo--it will be another 5-year wait as it is for
      an f/7
      > EDF.
      >
      > Peter Natscher
      > Monterey, California
      >

      > On 6/30/04 3:47 PM, "chris1011@a..." <chris1011@a...> wrote:
      >
      > > In a message dated 6/30/2004 5:00:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > > pandrolmb@a... writes:
      > >

      > >> Nothing fun about waiting here :-(. Just to float the idea past
      Roland,
      > >> I'd
      > >> be willing to use my 3+ year spot for one of the new visual 6's.
      I bet I'm

      > >> not alone either :-)
      > >>

      > > Anyone who is signed up for the 155 EDF will get the chance to buy
      one of the
      > > new 6" scopes. That has not changed.
      > >
      > > Roland Christen
    • jjvickers2000
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com, Percy Mui <esotar330@a...> wrote:
        > It MUST have chrome also...makes it "faster" you know! :)
        >
        > Percy
        >
        > Jay Reynolds Freeman <Jay.Freeman@S...> wrote:
        > > Blue Flames are optional.
        >
        > How about white sidewalls? And a hood ornament?
        >
        > -- Jay Freeman

        Actualy it is equipted with a raised dew shield sporting a "Christen
        Blower". The true purpose of this inovative design is not yet
        entirely known by the fans of AP yet. Many are specutating that the
        Christen Blower can actualy makes the long focal length visual
        refractor, F12, extremely fast if necessary ie. F1.2 Some on the
        otherhand simply feel it is nothing more than a heavy duty fan to
        cool the triplet from the effects of Starfire. Never the less it's
        creator, Rolondo C., will soon uvail his lates creation for the
        whole world of AP fans (myself included) to wounder over. The
        anticipation is building momentum. ;-)

        Jeff V.