OT: Mars Maps

  • ericj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi:

      I recently received an email regarding my web site from Ralph Aeschliman
      whose very fine Mars maps appeared in the June 2003 issue of S&T. A short
      bio of Ralph appears on page 96 of that issue, and his maps on page 97.
      These maps are great reference for Mars observers so I thought I would pass
      them along to the group:

      http://www.ralphaeschliman.com

      I have been preparing some of my Mars sketches from 1986 and 1988 to add to
      my web site, but some of the features have changed or become less pronounced
      (like Solis Lacus) so I have difficulty in comparing these sketches to more
      recent images. Ralph's maps have made it much easier to identify these
      features.

      Clear Skies,

      Eric Jamison

      ---
      [This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]
    • nafpie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        Eric,

        I don´t know if you checked that link you´ve posted.

        It´s very unpleasant to visit this site, so I must warn everyone.

        When you go to this URL, a lot of new browsers with advertising are
        opened. They try to install a dialer, thats crazy! You never see any
        Mars map or other things about Mars.

        Maybe the URL was ok and this site was hacked. I don´t know.

        Stefan

        --- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com, "ericj" <ericj@f...> wrote:

        > http://www.ralp********man.com
      • ericj
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
          Stefan:

          It was working fine yesterday. I'll contact Ralph and let him know there is
          a problem.

          Eric

          I don´t know if you checked that link you´ve posted.

          It´s very unpleasant to visit this site, so I must warn everyone.

          When you go to this URL, a lot of new browsers with advertising are
          opened. They try to install a dialer, thats crazy! You never see any
          Mars map or other things about Mars.

          Maybe the URL was ok and this site was hacked. I don´t know.

          --- In ap-ug@yahoogroups.com, "ericj" <ericj@f...> wrote:

          > http://www.ralp********man.com

          To UNSUBSCRIBE, or for general information on the ap-ug list
          see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ap-ug

          ---

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
            Okay, Ralph indicated he upgraded the site, so it is working now and no
            longer has those annoying pop ups. I just tried it and it works fine:

            http://www.ralphaeschliman.com/

            There is also a lunar map. Sorry for any problems with the site before.

            Eric