Cables through mount AND polar alignment scope?

  • Mark Striebeck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
      Hi,

      I started routing my cables through my Mach1 mount. I wasn't aware how much
      they will be in the way of the polar alignment scope :-( Is anybody else
      doing both?

      Is there any trick to keep the cables at the ceiling of the RA axis? I was
      looking around for thin USB cables, but wasn't successful - does anybody
      here have a good source?

      Thanks
      MarkS

    • Armand p
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
        My 1600 has a hollow cylindrical spacer (it slides into the RA axis) that keeps cables towards the walls of the RA axis, plus there are clips to snap the cables into. I haven't tried routing any cables yet, but if the Mach1 has the spacer and clips they should work.

        Armand

        On 2013-07-21, at 7:29 PM, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I started routing my cables through my Mach1 mount. I wasn't aware how much
        > they will be in the way of the polar alignment scope :-( Is anybody else
        > doing both?
        >
        > Is there any trick to keep the cables at the ceiling of the RA axis? I was
        > looking around for thin USB cables, but wasn't successful - does anybody
        > here have a good source?
        >
        > Thanks
        > MarkS

      • topboxman2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
          I had a Mach1 with polar scope. I slide a PVC pipe onto the polar scope. You didn't say which polar scope you have. The older PAS tube is slightly smaller than the new Right Angle PAS. Bring your PAS to Home Depot and test with different PVC pipes in the store. Once you find the right size PVC pipe, cut the pipe to fit inside the mount. It worked great for me. I had three USB cables and two power cables routed through the mount using the PVC pipe trick without issues.

          Peter

          --- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I started routing my cables through my Mach1 mount. I wasn't aware how much
          > they will be in the way of the polar alignment scope :-( Is anybody else
          > doing both?
          >
          > Is there any trick to keep the cables at the ceiling of the RA axis? I was
          > looking around for thin USB cables, but wasn't successful - does anybody
          > here have a good source?
          >
          > Thanks
          > MarkS

        • Mark Striebeck
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
            I have the new right-angle scope. That's a neat idea - I'll try that.

            MarkS

            On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM, topboxman2000 <pnagy@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I had a Mach1 with polar scope. I slide a PVC pipe onto the polar scope.
            > You didn't say which polar scope you have. The older PAS tube is slightly
            > smaller than the new Right Angle PAS. Bring your PAS to Home Depot and test
            > with different PVC pipes in the store. Once you find the right size PVC
            > pipe, cut the pipe to fit inside the mount. It worked great for me. I had
            > three USB cables and two power cables routed through the mount using the
            > PVC pipe trick without issues.
            >
            > Peter
            >

            > --- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Mark Striebeck <mark.striebeck@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I started routing my cables through my Mach1 mount. I wasn't aware how
            > much
            > > they will be in the way of the polar alignment scope :-( Is anybody else
            > > doing both?
            > >
            > > Is there any trick to keep the cables at the ceiling of the RA axis? I
            > was
            > > looking around for thin USB cables, but wasn't successful - does anybody
            > > here have a good source?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > MarkS

          • uncarollo2
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
              You can take a piece of plastic sheet, roll it up into a tight tube, slide it into the RA axis. When you let go, it will spring out and push all the cables toward the inner wall.

              Rolando