Piers

  • vahe@flash.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      Question:
      I have a 42" high portable pier setup for my 900 mount, this is a low
      setup suitable for MCT's.
      Can I convert this setup to a taller one, for 6" f/9 refractor, by
      purchasing only the taller central pier or would I need new struts as
      well to go with the taller pier?

      Thanks,
      Vahe
    • Mark Jenkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi Vahe,

        You can purchase just the longer tube and will only need the longer
        turnbuckles for use with your existing rods.

        HTH

        --
        Clear Skies!

        Mark Jenkins
        markj@...
        http://www.pcsincnet.com/astronomy/

        on 6/1/01 8:19, vahe@... at vahe@... wrote:

        > Question:
        > I have a 42" high portable pier setup for my 900 mount, this is a low
        > setup suitable for MCT's.
        > Can I convert this setup to a taller one, for 6" f/9 refractor, by
        > purchasing only the taller central pier or would I need new struts as
        > well to go with the taller pier?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Vahe

      • Marj Christen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
          You can use the same struts/turnbuckles you already have for the 48" pier.
          For the 54" and 62" piers, you will just need longer turnbuckles. The
          struts themselves are the same.

          Hope this helps.
          Marj

        • Rich N.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
            Yes, you would need new "struts" too if you are going to the 54" pier.

            Rich