Re: [ap-gto] Re: Park position error - to fix, double park

  • Yves Laroche
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2005
      Hi Roland and Steve,

      When parking with ASCOM (4.1.15) at AP1, I must initialize with the last
      parked position instead of AP1. The problem here is because the RA
      motor continue to track during a park command if the DEC is not at its
      parked position. It's depends on where the telescope was pointing before
      sending a park command. If the scope is on the West side of the pier
      near the meridian and a Park position 1 is send to the controller,
      almost all movement will be done in DEC until the telescope reach its
      position. During this time, The RA will continue to track so it's maybe
      why there is an offset in RA after a mount shutdown. Doing a double
      park (keypad) will put RA to its original parked position but the second
      time the DEC will be already at its position so the RA will have no time
      to track at all.

      Roland, is it possible to add a new servo controller feature (GTOCP3) to
      shutdown RA and DEC motors independantly when sending a park command or
      is there another way for doing this?

      Thanks,
      Yves

    • chris1011@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2005
        In a message dated 5/7/2005 6:44:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
        s-walters@... writes:

        > Does the same problem occur if you're not using the keypad? I've been
        > parking my AP1200GTO with the ASCOM driver.

        Yes. It is internal to the servo, so no matter what external program (the
        keypad is also an external program) parks the mount, it will have a small error
        proportional to the time it takes to reach the park position.

        Roland Christen

      • chris1011@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2005
          In a message dated 5/7/2005 7:53:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
          yves.laroche@... writes:

          > Roland, is it possible to add a new servo controller feature (GTOCP3) to
          > shutdown RA and DEC motors independantly when sending a park command or
          > is there another way for doing this?

          We will fix this internally in the next version of the CP3 control chip.

          Roland Christen