Re: [aotearoa-hiphop] AKL HIPHOP CALENDAR

  • DL
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2001
      ................dayuuuuuum
      in chronological order n everything : )
      good work Jill

      Peace
      DL

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jill" <truehiphop@...>
      To: "2 my thugs" <aotearoa-hiphop@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: 09 August 2001 18:11
      Subject: [aotearoa-hiphop] AKL HIPHOP CALENDAR

      > 9-8-2001
      >
      > just reading www.hiphopnz.com + phunkrepublic
      > and realised just how many hiphop gigs are coming up
      > very soon, check out hiphopnz for more info
      >
      > but this is basically a calendar for u akl hiphop
      > enthusiasts:
      >
      > >> next week , hiphop summit tickets go on sale at
      > beat merchants. http://www.beatmerchants.co.nz
      >
      > >> wed august 15 - Skanking'sound system @ Safari-
      > Lounge, ponsonby rd, auckland
      >
      > >> thurs nights , with last nite being thurs 30
      > August, Sheepies in Papatoetoe
      > talent quest bought to you by Dawn raid
      >
      > >> Saturday 18 August , Northern DMC heats @ Factory,
      > auck city, doors 9pm, r18, $8
      >
      > >> (AKL) Redman +Methodman Blaze it Up 2001 concert
      > Friday 24 August ,@ Supertop, Ericsson Stadium
      >
      > >> Friday 31 August, online voting for b-net awards
      > closes
      > http://www.95bfm.com/musicawards/
      >
      > >> B.O.T.Y (Battle of the Year) NZ CHAPTER 2001
      > Saturday 1 September, 4pm @ St James, AK city
      > $20 , family prices see hiphopnz.com events section
      > tickets from The Bronx, real groovy, soundz
      >
      > >> Friday 7 September
      > b-net (bfm) music awards, Bruce Mason Centre,
      > Takapuna, North Shore AKL
      >
      > >> Saturday 8 September
      > MC BATTLE @ euphoria (oops this is in NP )
      > New Plymouth, judged by mareko, B-Ware + Hazaduz
      > info (06) 754-7300
      >
      > SUMMIT 2001 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > THURSDAY 13 SEPTEMBER - SAT NIGHT 15 SEPTEMBER
      >
      > >> thursday 13 september
      > summit nz premiere of RUSH HOUR 2 at the IMAX movie
      > complex - 6.30pm part of mai fm Rhythm Nation
      > and also on the same night is the
      > DMC FINALS at teh Powerstation, mt eden rd, akl.
      >
      > >> friday 14 september
      > HIPHOP summit ak ,aotea centre region
      >
      > >> saturday 15 september
      > HIPHOP summit aotea centre region
      > The Liks perform this night
      > more info : http://www.nzhiphopsummit.com
      >
      > >> OCTOBER - 1st show of 'Ghetto TV'
      > half hour of hiphop tv. Triangle Tv +/or TV4
      > www.jagas.co.nz/ghettotv
      >

      > tune into the True School Hip-Hop show
      > + Late Night Hype for gig updates etc
      >

      > =====
      > Jill@... :O)
      >
      > D.I.T.C

    • Super Saiyan Kyx .
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2001
        Battle of the year should dope , the cats from g-money that are comin over
        to judge are off the hook , itll be good to see bboy talent from all over
        aotearoa......

      • L A & MS STRICKSON-PUA
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2001
          DL wrote:

          > ................dayuuuuuum
          > in chronological order n everything : )
          > good work Jill
          >
          > Peace
          > DL

          Talofa aiga & whanau
          noted that COKE SMOKE FREE PASIFICA BEATs NATIONAL FINALS is 31st August
          in Hamilton.So some of the new PASIFIKAN sounds will be on display.Get
          on down and support plus a glimpse into the future.Feleti aka Sabre
          hopes to be there with St. Pauls crew FRESH DIALECTS. Che's got his
          Album release on that night in AK also.
          REV MC & SABRE
          AKA Mua & Feleti
        • Jill
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2001
            good stuff
            Where is the che-fu release party? anyone know?

            hey frase, i think the
            Keith Murray track u were talking about,
            is off Funkmaster Flex's -Special Delivery part 2

            i think it might be called Keith Murray 2001

            i was tryna look up info on it, but i think the
            internets real slow today or soemthing or else its
            just this computer, so i didnt get to look at a link
            which is
            www.fatbeats.com , check it out

            not sure tho,
            > Talofa aiga & whanau
            > noted that COKE SMOKE FREE PASIFICA BEATs NATIONAL
            > FINALS is 31st August
            > in Hamilton.So some of the new PASIFIKAN sounds will
            > be on display.Get
            > on down and support plus a glimpse into the
            > future.Feleti aka Sabre
            > hopes to be there with St. Pauls crew FRESH
            > DIALECTS. Che's got his
            > Album release on that night in AK also.
            > REV MC & SABRE
            > AKA Mua & Feleti

            =====
            Jill@...

            http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Father's Day Shopping
            - Find the perfect gift for your Dad for Father's Day
          • stricksonpua@xtra.co.nz
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 19, 2001

              > From: Jill <truehiphop@...>
              > Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:40:22 +1000 (EST)
              > To: aotearoa-hiphop@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [aotearoa-hiphop] AKL HIPHOP CALENDAR
              >

              > good stuff
              > Where is the che-fu release party? anyone know?
              >
              > hey frase, i think the
              > Keith Murray track u were talking about,
              > is off Funkmaster Flex's -Special Delivery part 2
              >
              > i think it might be called Keith Murray 2001
              >
              > i was tryna look up info on it, but i think the
              > internets real slow today or soemthing or else its
              > just this computer, so i didnt get to look at a link
              > which is
              > www.fatbeats.com , check it out
              >

              > not sure tho,
              > > Talofa aiga & whanau
              > > noted that COKE SMOKE FREE PASIFICA BEATs NATIONAL
              > > FINALS is 31st August
              > > in Hamilton.So some of the new PASIFIKAN sounds will
              > > be on display.Get
              > > on down and support plus a glimpse into the
              > > future.Feleti aka Sabre
              > > hopes to be there with St. Pauls crew FRESH
              > > DIALECTS. Che's got his
              > > Album release on that night in AK also.
              > > REV MC & SABRE
              > > AKA Mua & Feleti
              > >

              > =====
              > Jill@...
              >
              >Talofa aiga,
              Che's launch or release party was in the papers as being at St. James.Need to confirm.
              Mua & Feleti _____________________________________________________________________________
              > http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Father's Day Shopping
              > - Find the perfect gift for your Dad for Father's Day

            • fraser
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 19, 2001
                >hey frase, i think the Keith Murray track u were talking about, is off
                Funkmaster Flex's -Special >Delivery part 2. i think it might be called
                Keith Murray 2001 i was tryna look up info on it, but i think >the internets
                real slow today or soemthing or else its just this computer, so i didnt get
                to look at a link >which is www.fatbeats.com

                hey thanks heaps for that Jill - i couldn't find anything on it! should've
                known to leave it to Jillskiz...

                thanks,
                frase