Re: [anubiasdesign] Halfbeaks

  • Al Anderson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
      Fruit flies fruit fly maggots  or confused beetle larva will float on the surface flake should also work.
      AAA

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
        Thanks for the tips!! Lianli, I live in Southern Ontario about half hour drive from Niagara falls and the border. The local fishstore is Big Al's, a chainof stores which has 3 locations that I can drive to. I'm going to phone around tomorrow to see if any of the other stores got some in.
        Gary

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
          My pogos were larger than your little ones when I found them almost 20
          years ago.
          They fed ate anything I dropped on the
          surface.

          At that time I fed frozen blood womrs,
          brine and flake foods. The color
          these animals developed was stunning-
          red, white and blue. I hope you see this
          in your fish and can get a good photo of
          that color.

          The only time I saw them leave the
          surface was the day my Cockatiel
          flew very low over the 55 breeder
          tank that housed the fish. The speed
          with which they raced to the tank floor
          was astonishing!
        • VGRANDINETTI@NJTRANSIT.COM
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2007
            In looking for pictures on the web of the fish that Gary mentioned, I came across this great website:

            It is not a sales site at all. It has pictures of many Asian fish in their natural environment.

            Enjoy!...................Ginny

            .

          • Redragon40@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 6, 2007
              Ginny:
              The link didn't work for me.  I got a message that the website refused to be shown to me.
              Carol   < ' )))><

              See what's free at AOL.com.
            • VGRANDINETTI@NJTRANSIT.COM
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 6, 2007
                Go directly to         ecologyasia.com

                That should work.  I tried the link and I got the "you are not authorized....yada yada"  also.  On that page if you click on the link mentioned above it takes you there.......Ginny

                The link didn't work for me.  I got a message that the website refused to be shown to me.
                Carol   < ' )))><

                See what's free at AOL.com.

              • jack holmes
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 6, 2007
                  So did I
                                Jack

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 7, 2007
                    Ginny:
                    Thanks.  That forest halfbeak is incredibly colored.  I've never seen one like that in the flesh.
                    Carol   < ' )))><

                    See what's free at AOL.com.
                  • SiHarimau
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 8, 2007
                      I also tried the 'ecologyasia. com' until I realized there was a 'space' in front of the 'com' .

                      If you copy the URL into the 'Go' window, then delete that 'space' you should be able to get to the website OK.  I just did so.  Seems like an interesting site.

                      VGRANDINETTI@... wrote:
                      .

                      Looking for earth-friendly autos?