Re: [anubiasdesign] Re: fish clubs

  • Nane Cabrera
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
      Mark Verduin and Pucho:
      Congrats on your 26th anyversary! I just hope we at Acuaristas Metro Este
      (Metro Area Aquarists ) with only three years under our belt can use your recipe to get there.
      Great friends indeed.

      Congratulations,
      Nane Cabrera

      Victor Oliver <vicdingo2003@...> wrote:

      Mark this summer is going to be our 26 year, nonstop every month since the first meeting and the secret of it is the friendship in the group that has made it last all this time, friendship makes all the hard work fun and entertaining.
      Pucho

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Gerald Griffin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
        This comes from a post from one of our SMP members on another site;

         sp. Pangkalanbun is uberis
         sp. Kapuas is krataios

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Gerald Griffin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
          OK more information;

          Hello herpchat,

          retro_gk has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
          The six new Betta species 2006 - in the Freshwater / Brackish Talk
          forum of Petfrd.com.

          This thread is located at:
          http://www.petfrd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19768&goto=newpost

          Here is the message that has just been posted:
          ***************
          From the abstract,

          B. foerschi "Mandor" is now B. mandor (Foerschi group)
          B. sanggau/antonii from Kalimantan Barat is now B. antoni (Akarensis
          group)
          B. sp. Kapuas from Kalimantan Barat is now B. karatios (Dimidiata
          group)
          B. uberis New species from Kalimantan Tengah (Coccina group)
          B. ideii New species from Kalimantan Selatan (Unimaculata group)
          B. compuncta New species from Kalimantan Timur (Unimaculata group)

          The cryptic comments in the OP refer to fish collected by members of
          this forum.
          ***************

          There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more
          notifications until you visit the forum again.

          Yours,
          Petfrd.com team

          Gerald Griffin <herpchat@...> wrote:
          This comes from a post from one of our SMP members on another site;

           sp. Pangkalanbun is uberis
           sp. Kapuas is krataios
          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Chuck Nishihira
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            Hey all,
            The Honolulu Aquarium Society has been around
            continuosly for 56 years. We have seen the ups and
            downs, but for several years now we are a club of just
            under 200 members. We regularly have meeting were the
            number in attendance goes over 100.

            I think the success is certainly about friendship and
            fun, but the more important point is that it is about
            balance. Trying to also make it as interesting and
            exciting. Trying to cater to a variety of what
            different peole consider friendship, fun, interesting,
            and exciting is the real trick!

            Chuck

            --- Victor Oliver <vicdingo2003@...> wrote:

            > Mark this summer is going to be our 26 year,
            > nonstop every month since the first meeting and the
            > secret of it is the friendship in the group that has
            > made it last all this time, friendship makes all the
            > hard work fun and entertaining.
            > Pucho

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • David Riggs
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
              Hello to all from sunny & hot, hot, hot Phoenix, Arizona!
              I have some knowledge of the Indonesian language and I thought some
              translations would help to pinpoint the fish locations:
              Kalimantan = Borneo (The Indonesian part of that huge island as opposed to
              the Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak, and the country of Brunei.)
              Barat = West
              Tengah = Central
              Selatan = South
              Timur = East
              So, Kalimantan Barat = West Borneo; Kalimantan Tengah = Central Borneo;
              Kalimantan Selatan + South Borneo; Kalimantan Timur + East Borneo.
              There really is not a North Borneo because that part borders on the
              Malaysian states.
              "Kapuas" is a river in West Borneo.
              Hope this helps!
              David

              >From: Gerald Griffin <herpchat@...>
              >To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [anubiasdesign] Betta species
              >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >OK more information;
              >
              > Hello herpchat,
              >
              >retro_gk has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
              >The six new Betta species 2006 - in the Freshwater / Brackish Talk
              >forum of Petfrd.com.
              >
              >This thread is located at:
              >http://www.petfrd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19768&goto=newpost
              >
              >Here is the message that has just been posted:
              >***************
              >From the abstract,
              >
              >B. foerschi "Mandor" is now B. mandor (Foerschi group)
              >B. sanggau/antonii from Kalimantan Barat is now B. antoni (Akarensis
              >group)
              >B. sp. Kapuas from Kalimantan Barat is now B. karatios (Dimidiata
              >group)
              >B. uberis New species from Kalimantan Tengah (Coccina group)
              >B. ideii New species from Kalimantan Selatan (Unimaculata group)
              >B. compuncta New species from Kalimantan Timur (Unimaculata group)
              >
              >The cryptic comments in the OP refer to fish collected by members of
              >this forum.
            • Gerald Griffin
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                I knew all that.  I even have pinpoint localities.

                You would have have to have read the original post to catch my confusion.

                Basically it dealt with which locals were what species and points where they overlapped.

                http://mail.yahoo.com