RE: [anubiasdesign] Re: sons betta

  • ROGER JOHNSON
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006

      I’ll try to get a picture of him although I’ve never tried to photograph a fish before so it may not be too great!

      Gretchen

      From: Redragon40@...

      It sounds like it could very well be that the betta carries the marble gene, which usually only shows up after the fish has some size.  More and more bettas carry this gene, because of the popularity of some strains which have it in breeding stock, such as butterflies.

      Carol   < ' )))><

    • Shasta Kuehl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        I have seen some marbles start out as a gorgeous blue then turn completly white. Gilbert had some like that that BCBetta got from him. If he is red he could be a marble that carries a red loss gene.
         Curious though...why add salt to a betta tank when they arent brackish fish, guesing this is just a pet store veil tail? Shaz

        ROGER JOHNSON <rogj@...> wrote:
        I’ll try to get a picture of him although I’ve never tried to photograph a fish before so it may not be too great!

        Gretchen

        It sounds like it could very well be that the betta carries the marble gene, which usually only shows up after the fish has some size.  More and more bettas carry this gene, because of the popularity of some strains which have it in breeding stock, such as butterflies.

        Carol   < ' )))><

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS