Pre-Orders for July

  • Batfish Aquatics
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hey Folks, this will be our last pre-order until our open house and barbecue in late July.  These are some incredible fish from the new exporter we have been dealing with that seems to have some of the nicest, quality fish we get in.  As usual, this is how a pre-order works:

      You have until WEDNESDAY at 12 NOON to e-mail BatfishAquatics@... with a list of what you want, and to make a deposit via PayPal for 50% of the ordering price (to the same e-mail). This guarantees that you will get the fish at that price.  These prices are lower than the usual retail price.   If you do not pre-order, the fish are first come, first serve, and may not get ordered.  These fish will be arriving on FRIDAY, and will be available for pick-up on Saturday the 29th in Silver Spring, MD.  If you cannot pick up, they can be shipped on MONDAY for TUESDAY delivery.  Due to the holiday, we will ONLY SHIP OVERNIGHT.  No priority mail shipments.  Alternatively, the fish may be picked up at the July Bowl Show and Annual Picnic of the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society on Saturday, 6 July in Fairfax, VA.  Other arrangements to pick up or ship fish are welcome.

      A couple of highlights from this list:
      If you are looking for a large, show sized, not-too-aggressive fish, be sure to check out the Satanoperca leucostricta, which I have in two different sizes.  This is a fish that is commonly sold as the Jurupari Eartheater.  This is a gorgeous fish and not to be missed, if you have the tank room for it.

      If you're looking for a rare, gorgeous shoaling fish to go in with fish like the Eartheaters, be sure to check out the Mascara Barbs.  Google this species, and you will not be disappointed.  It looks like a Rohan Barb that someone went crazy with the photoshop settings on -- incredibly beautiful, and not to be missed.  I've been trying very, very hard to get this fish into the country for a friend of mine, and we may actually have finally succeeded.  I had to send my exporter out into the streams himself with a net and a make-up case to get the Mascara Barbs.

      While he was out there, I had him collect some wild caught zebra danios.   They're a little more than you'll pay in the store, about two bucks a pop, but ... they're wild caught, and that's just kind of cool.   And speaking of wild caught, cool fish, I have the Rummy Nose Rasbora on the list, Sawba.  Since they're wild caught, there's a small chance we might actually have some females in the mix, and -- with any luck -- they'll be free from that "skinny disease" that seems to plague captive populations.  It's also a fantastic price on these fish.

      I have both species of the "expensive" Pencilfish on the list, the Purple and the Red Arc.  These are incredibly gorgeous and uncommon varieties of pencilfish that are well worth the fairly high sticker price.  (I have other, less expensive pencilfish currently in stock, including some really nice Beckfordi Pencils).  These are a great, shoaling fish for a planted aquarium.  Among the tetras, I also have the Darter Tetra, Characidium.   These are an interesting, bottom dwelling tetra that apparently spawns pretty easily in the aquarium.  I don't know about you guys, but I haven't spawned many tetras -- might be a good way to get some BAP points.

      Be sure to check out the in stock list, too, now with really bad photos :).  http://www.batfishaquatics.com/freshwater.php

      [b]  Peacocks [/b]
      Unless indicated otherwise, price is per fish.  All fish are young, at between one and two inches, usually the smaller side of that range.

      F1 Baenschi-- $8.50, 3 for $22
      F1 Blue Neon Tanzania -- $8 (Running small)
      A. sp. "Fire Fish" (2-3") -- $20, 3 for $45
      A. hansbaenschi "Red Shoulder" -- $8, 3 for $20
      A. sp. "Maleri Chipoka"  WILD CAUGHT -- $75 PAIR
      A. sp. "Walteri" -- $8, 3 for $20 (Small)
      A. sp. "Chitane Nkhomo" WILD MALE (ONE ONLY) -- $45
      A. sp. "Chitande Nkhomo" F1 -- $10, 3 for $26

      [b]Other Old World Cichlids[/b]

      Pv. sacrimontis (Giant Krib) -- $18 EACH
      Pv. signatus -- $45 PAIR
      Pv. taeniatus "Kienke" -- $45 PAIR
      Pseudocrenilabus multicolour victoriae -- $8 each

      [b]Apistos, New World Dwarf Cichlids[/b]
      All prices are per fish unless indicated otherwise.  Please note, if you order 2 fish, you'll PROBABLY get a pair, but it is not guaranteed.

      Acarichthys heckeli, Thread Fin (2") -- $8, 3 for $20
      Apisto. cf. netz, "Blue Pearl" -- $20
      Apisto. baenschi, "Inka" -- $25
      Apisto. bitaeniata -- $22 (Running very nice!)
      Apisto. borelli "Blue" -- $12
      Apisto. hongsloi II -- $28
      Apisto. nijsseni -- $14 (Super nice, small dwarf apisto).
      Apisto. panduro -- $15
      Apsito. "Pebas" -- $16

      Laetacara dorsigera -- $8, 3 for $18
      Taeniacara candidi -- $25

      [b]Other New World Cichlids[/b]
      Satanoperca leucostricta, WILD (Guyana) ~3" -- $25
      S. leucostricta, WILD (Guyana) ~5-6" -- $40
      Thorichthys ellioti -- $8
      T. passiones -- $8

      [b]Labrynth Fishes[/b]
      Priced per each, order 2 if you want a pair.  No guarantee on sex, but probable.

      Betta dimidiata -- $30
      B. coccina -- $9
      B. channoides -- $18
      B. patoti -- $25
      Blue Line Licorice Gourami -- $9
      Filament Licorice Gourami -- $9
      Badis badis -- $6
      Badis assamensis -- $8
      Dario sp. "Jaintia Hills" -- $7

      [b]Rainbowfish[/b]
      Furcata -- $8, 3 for $20
      Irian Red Pseudomugil -- $18, 3 for $45
      Ivantsoff Pseudomugil -- $20, 3 for $50

      [b]Barbs and Other Cyprinids[/b]
      Bandula Barb -- $8
      Foerschi Barb -- 6 for $36, 12 for $64 (RARE and not expensive)
      Mascara Barb (D. assimilis) -- $25 EACH (Super rare export)
      Lake Inle Danio -- 6 for $25
      Mini Potato Danio -- 6 for $14 (... my seller lists this as Devario sp. potatoensis... I'm guessing they mean Putaoensis).
      WILD Zebra Danios -- 12 for $24
      Opsarius pulchellus -- $18 each
      Rummy Nose Rasbora, WILD -- 12 for $36.
      Rasbora sarawakensis -- 6 for $25
      Vulcan Rasbora -- 6 for $20

      [b]Tetras and Allies[/b]
      Niger Tetra (Arnoldichthys spilopterus) -- WILD -- $10, 3 for $27
      Characidium cf. fasciatus -- $5, 3 for $12, 6 for $20
      Purple Pencil (N. rubrocaudatus) -- 6 for $75, 12 for $125
      Red Arc Pencil (N. mortenthaleri) -- 6 for $75, 12 for $125

      [b]Corydoras and Relations[/b]
      C. delphax -- $5
      C. elegans -- $5
      C. fowleri -- $25
      C. pulcher -- $30
      C. panda "Long Fin" -- $12
      C. schwartzii -- $8
      C. semiaquilis -- $30
      Brochis splendens -- $7, 3 for $18

      [b]Loricarids[/b]
      L075 Pleco -- $50
      L239 "Blue Panaque" -- $40, 3 for $95
      L128 "Blue Phantom" -- $25, 3 for $60
      L200 "Green Phantom" -- $50, 3 for $125
      L240 "Vampire" -- $60

      [b]All Others[/b]
      Aphyosemion bivittattum, "Lagos Red" -- $18 PAIR (I have a pair of these, they're nice!)
      Aphy. striatum -- $15 PAIR
      Aphy. splendopleure -- $15 PAIR
      Notho. rachovi -- $20 PAIR
      Clown Killies -- 12 for $35
      Synodontis multipunctatus, TANK RAISED -- $25
      Synodontis polli, TANK RAISED -- $30
      Synodontis leucipinnis ("Petricola") - $18, 6 for $90

    • Stanley Alpert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        Keep me in mind in the fall for the dracula danimella

        stan