Dr. Innes Aquarium books (two) original old out of print - thanks Mark!

  • None
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2013
      Any questions please email me directly at sherryazure@....

      Selling all stuff - and would like these to go to someone who would appreciate them.

      Photos not showing up here so please see Flickr link.

      Thanks Sherry

      For collectors: Dr. Innes Aquarium books.

      Please email me at sherryazure@... if interested...

      I bought two of each long ago and selling one set. Steller information, what seems new now is often in these books (rimless aquariums, maturing a tank naturally - without ammonia and all that fuss, terrarium/aquariums and much, much more. Great photos from his original color plates.

      Note - these are the original printings - out of print, older books and as such are worn (when I found and purchased them)... Then newer addition as found on Amazon is not and not printed by said company.

      Exotic Aquarium Fishes - 19th Edition Revised - last I think of this companies (Innes) printing. (1966)
      Goldfish Varieties and Tropical Aquarium Fishes - Thirteenth Edition (1931??)

      See Flickr link please for more photos of interior.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/21430834@N02/8740244688/

      I would like to sell both together (not set in stone) as I am in a place where it is hard for me to get to the post office and I have no car - so would sent USPS flat rate.

      Make and offer ($11.00 each would be great - what I payed apx plus paypal expenses) if interested and will have to send flat rate shipping per the USPO.. (no car where I am now).

      Paypal only please.

      Both will fit in the USPS Medium Flat Rate box with plenty of room for proper padding.
      If you want extra services, tracking, insurance that will be a tad more.

      As I type that is apx $12.35. (Again plus tracking so on)

      If you go to amazon you will find what seems to be the same book but is not (does not mean it's not a valuable book to own)... if you want the original, out of print, hard to find book(s) for your collection - these are them.

      http://www.amazon.com/Inness-Exotic-Aquarium-Fishes-Reference/dp/0793800986
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2013
        Sherry,
        You should be able to ship them media rate (books, cds, etc) for a lot less than the flat rate though it does take a little longer in shipping.

        Or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/404408802964088/
      • dan_mcmonigle
        Message 3 of 4 , May 16, 2013
          The priority rate does have some advantages. You can order flat rate box, have it delivered free, and then when it is ready, have it picked up free. No trip to the post office, and you pay for and print the label and postage at home on your printer and even get a discount or free delivery code so you can track when the package arrives. With the flat rate you don't have to worry about having scales to weigh the package.

          Media mail is at least half the price of flat rate priority, but you get your own box, take it to the post office to have it weighed. If it is refused on the other end, or there is an error that causes it not be delivered, it will come back to you and you will have to pay the media rate a second time to reclaim it. It won't matter if it was your error in writing the correct address, or someone else's error, they will collect the fee again if you want the package back.

          I have about 300 aquarium related books, including the ones you have,recent books and others dating back to the 1850's. It is amazing how so much that we think is new today was known over a hundred fifty years ago.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2013
            LOL, I know full well all about shipping (back and forth East West coast for decades)....People selling rocks online (ebay) had it easy with the flat rate boxes!!! (out of NYC was easy (post offices all over save for staff who could not measure or input correct postage - errr!)

            Going to repost for free... just pay shipping.... I have them boxed and ready to go...Best Sherry