Tonina "Belem" in California Hard Water?

  • Shaun Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2013
      I LOVE Love love this plant ... and I'd love to grow it, but I heard it can only survive and thrive in soft water. Well, I live in Southern California and we are notorious for having very hard water. So can anyone let me know if they have experience with Tonina Belem in hard water? And what was it...

      Thanks in advance for the advice,
      Shaun
    • stephen marto
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2013
        I live in san diego and have only had luck with them in soft

        To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com
        From: shaun.johnson2007@...
        Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 17:57:58 -0700
        Subject: [anubiasdesign] Tonina "Belem" in California Hard Water?

        I LOVE Love love this plant ... and I'd love to grow it, but I heard it can only survive and thrive in soft water. Well, I live in Southern California and we are notorious for having very hard water. So can anyone let me know if they have experience with Tonina Belem in hard water? And what was it...

        Thanks in advance for the advice,
        Shaun
      • Terry Barber
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2013
          Hard plant to grow....needs high light, co2 injection, an acidic substate (add peat), strict attention to ferts and very soft water.  Too difficult for me to mess with and I have very soft well water.   You are right it is a gorgeous plant.

          TerryB