Availability List

  • Batfish Aquatics
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2013
      Hey folks,

      We are slowly finishing up moving into our new, larger facility this week, with only a few tank casualties   We should resume normal operations next week.  I haven't had time to update the website, but we did get some really cool new stuff in.  Here's an availability list.

      The first number is an approximation of how many, total, are available, and the second is the price.

      Apisto. panduro, Adults 4 $60 Per Pair
      Very nice! These are an unusual Apistogramma where the females are almost as beautiful as the males. Easy to breed and very hardy.

      Apisto. nijsseni, QUAD (MFFF) 1 $125

      Apisto. viejita "Rio Meta" 2 Trios $100 Per TRIO
      Probably my favourite Apisto that I've got in stock right now. Gorgeous, very big, very beautiful!

      Double Red agassizi 4 $15 each
      Three males and one female available, all 4 for $45.

      Apisto. macmasteri, Wild 25 $15 VERY NICE
      Super nice, wild caught Apisto. Pairs probable, but no guarantee.

      Apistogramma gephyra "pair" 1 $65 (NO DISCOUNTS)

      Apisto. Alenque, "pair". 1 $85 (NO DISCOUNTS)

      Other Cichlids

      Neolamp. Cylindricus 20 $10 3 for $25

      Lyonsi Cichlid, 2" 12 $18 3 for $45

      Australoheros oblongum 4 $4 All for $12

      Australoheros facetus, F1 5 $10 GROUP: $40

      Laetacara thayeri, Adults (False Keyhole Cichlid) 6 $15 3 for $40
      This is the "False Keyhole Cichlid," a very peaceful, shy substitute for the true Keyhole.

      Laetacara thayeri, Juvenile 15 $8 3 for $20

      Laetacara sp. "Buckelkopf" 50 $15 Juveniles at about 2"

      Vieja regani 5 $10 All for $45

      Amphilophus labiatus 4 $20

      Ex-Cichlasoma pearsi 4 $15

      Hemichromis fasciatus 6 $6 Less aggressive, more brightly coloured Jewel Cichlid

      Altispinosa Ruby Ram 15 $4

      True Keyhole Cichlid (Cleithracara), Small 100 $5

      RARE: Ophthalmotilapia nasutus. 5 ONLY $25 each, 5 for $100

      Loricarids

      Red Ancistrus 20 $25 SALE! $20.
      Awesome dwarf bushynose pleco that is a very cool solid red.

      Lemon Drop Ancistrus, Long Finned. 50 $8, 3 for $20

      Farlowella, Large 30 $8

      Albino Ancistrus, Breeder Size 4 $30 Sex not guaranteed

      Rhino Pleco (4") 4 $10

      Ancistrus triradiatus 12 $10
      Neat little bushy nose pleco. Tank raised by a local breeder!

      Ancistrus sp. "Basic Bushy Nose" 25 $6 3 for $15
      The basic aquarium bushy nose, brown, either locally bred (usually) or farm raised. These are the ideal algae eating pleco. If you're still buying regular ol' "plecos," Batfish will have words for you. The BNP gets to a maximum size of about 4", perfect for most tanks, breeds easily, looks cool and ... best of all ... it ... eats ... brown ... algae. The type most of us have in the aquarium. Great algae eaters.

      Albino Hifin Pleco (Pt. joselimaianus) 10 $15

      Otocinclus 100 $3 6 for $15
      SALE 6 for $10

      Whiptail Catfish 20 $6 3 for $15

      L270 Pleco 2 $35

      Orange Seam Pleco 6 $30 SALE! $20

      Purple Pleco (L239) 6 $50 SALE! $30

      Yellow Prince Pleco (L072) 8 $30 SALE! $20

      Other Catfish:

      Corydoras erhartii 10 $6 3 for $15

      Corydoras violetti (C. similis variant) 6 $12, 3 for $30

      Corydoras habrosus 10 $4 3 for $10

      Corydoras panda 12 $5 3 for $12

      Hara jerdoni (Stone Cat) FEW $5 3 for $12

      Orange Banded Stone Cat (Akysis vespa) 60 $7 3 for $17

      An unusual small stone catfish, these beautiful 'bumblebee cat' lookalikes are not particularly predatory or aggressive. They also seem to be a lot more bold, and should be visible in the aquarium.

      Rainbowfish:

      Signifer Rainbowfish (Pseudomugil signifer) FEW $10 3 for $20, MFF ONLY

      Featherfin Rainbow (Iriatherina werneri) 24 $12

      Gertrude's Rainbow (Ps. gertrudae) 100 $4 6 for $20
      Running small right now, so... SALE: 6 for $15

      Red Rainbow (G. incicus) 100 $8

      Tetras:

      True Blue Tetra 100 $2

      Ember Tetra (H. amandae) 50 6 for $12 12 for $20

      Loretto Tetra FEW SALE$3 each

      Buenos Aeres Tetra 5 All five, $15

      Emperor Tetra 200 $3 6 for $15

      Beckford's Pencilfish 100 $3 6 for $15

      Eques Pencilfish (Rocket) 100 $3 6 for $15

      Cyprinids (Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, etc).

      Dracula Danionella 50 $5 6 for $25, 12 for $45
      Super unusual micro fish. These guys max out at about the same size as a baby swordtail. They're actually cyprinids, but the males apparently possess tiny teeth that they use to spar with one another, like walruses. I think Walrus Danio is a cooler name. Will eat finely ground flakes, microworms, and other small foods. Best in a species only tank. Please note, these guys are super tiny, and we are not going to count them precisely. Actual numbers received will be close to and probably higher than what you order.

      Boraras Brigittae 100 $3, 10 for $25

      Barred Barb (B. bariliodes) 100 $3

      Orange Chela 100 $3

      Galaxy Rasbora (T/R) 100 $5 6 for $25

      Lipstick Barb 12 $6 3 for $15

      Ruby Melon Barb (Puntius melananmpyx) 25 $4 3 for $10

      Yoma Starlight Danio FEW $7 3 for $19, 6 for $35
      A fairly new import, very rarely seen. Great alternative to the Giant Danio with a beautiful starlight pattern on the body. Super hardy.

      Rohan's Barb 3 $15 All for $30

      Tinwini Danio 100 $3 SPECIAL 5 for $10

      Choprae Danio 20 $4 3 for $10

      Microrasbora erythromicon 20 $3 6 for $15

      Siamese Algae Eaters, True, Jumbo 3 $15 All for $30

      Anabantoids

      Burmese Chocolate Gourami (P. lineatus) 75 $6 3 for $15

      Chocolate Cherry Gourami (Sphaerichthys selatanensis) 10 $15 SALE! 3 for $30

      Mini Chocolate Gourami (Parasphaerichthys ocellatus) 50 $8 3 for $20

      Pearl Gourami 100 $4 3 for $12

      Sparkling Gourami 20 $3 4 for $10

      All Other Fishes:

      Rosy or Pink Loach (SUPER COOL) -- Tuberschistura arakanensis   50   $6, 3 for $15, 6 for $25

      Stiphodon Goby 2 $10 All one species, shipped as Stiphodon sp. "Gold Line."

      Desert Goby 10 $8 each, M/F pair for $12

      Pea Puffers 50 $4 3 for $10

    • johnn
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2013
        Do you have a collection location on the Montezumae Swords?

        --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Batfish Aquatics <batfishaquatics@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > years. Surely one of the most beautiful plain brown fish out there. Four
        > individuals, mix of sizes, I think two pairs.
        >
        > Cichlasoma sp. "La Palma" 1 GROUP $75
        > If you thought the last group of fish was cool, check out this group of
        > plain brown cichlids. Very rare, possibly undescribed species of
        > Cichlasoma. Three individuals, about 4". Look to be ALL MALE. That's right,
        > you can have a non breeding group of this super rare cichlid, thereby
        > ensuring that it stays rare!
        >
        > Cichlasoma dimerus "Belle Union" 4 All 4 for $35
        > And continuing our theme of plain brown Acaras.... But this group contains
        > males and females. Probably. Juveniles at about 2".
        >
        > Hypsophrys nicaraguensis 1 PAIR $50
        > These are near fully grown adults, starting to colour, and my personal
        > fish. They won't spawn for me, but they're definitely a male and a female,

      • Batfish Aquatics
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2013
          Hey John. They are an aquariums train. They were bought at auction, and are likely a mix of populations.

          J.