Re: [anubiasdesign] Need a specific AFM back issue

  • Batfish Aquatics
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
      Unfortunately, AFM changed hands a number of times in its run. As a general rule, a publisher only stocks back issues of the magazine they published. If they have purchased a magazine, the back issues are generally lost.  This is especially true for a magazine that has been discontinued, as this one and it's successor were. (There is a reason why magazines are often referred to as "ephemera".).

      I have a friend who has slowly being digitizing his entire collection of magazines, which likely includes that issue. I will check with him and see if he has it.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 7, 2013, at 9:12 PM, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

      Al,
      Check with Mike Schadle.  He sometimes has them.  I'll try to look through the ones I have this week.  If I have it, I can bring it to Brooklyn on Friday if you're going to be there.

      Or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/404408802964088/

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013

        Joe Ferdenzi (former President of my Aquarium Society and an aquarium hobby history buff) tells me he has the issue and can get the article I want to me (Joe works not too far from where I live and I see him at our monthly society meetings).

        It is a shame that much valuable and useful information from defunct publications is simply "lost" to the next generation of hobbyists and that copyright laws prevent their free distribution, even though in most cases, they are of little to no financial worth to anyone.

        Anyway, thanks to everyone who responded.

        Al Priest