Re: [anubiasdesign] Booklet on Licorice Gouramies - Last Day to Preorder!!!!!

  • PUPFISHMICH@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      Mark if its not too late could I get one of the books. Please let me know what I owe you, the fish are doing well.

      Thanks
      Dave Hemmerlein
      From: Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...>
      Subject: Fw: Booklet on Licorice Gouramies in English language
      To: anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, "ALFA" <AmericanLabyrinthFishAssociation@yahoogroups.com>, peter.finke@...
      Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 2:47 PM

      Hey Folks,
      There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.  The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.

      I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information is included.
      Mark

      From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
      Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
      To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
      Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM

      David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.
      The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.
      Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?
      Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the more we print now.
      Please reply to our question as soon as possible.
      Best wishes, Peter

      Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke
      Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (Bielefeld University)