Fw: Booklet on Licorice Gouramies in English language

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 21, 2012
      Hey Folks,
      There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.  The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.

      I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information is included.
      Mark

      From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
      Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
      To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
      Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM

      David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.

      The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.

      Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?

      Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the more we print now.

      Please reply to our question as soon as possible.

      Best wishes, Peter

      Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke

      Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (Bielefeld University)

      Further affiliations: NNVM  www.nnvm.eu     VÖÖ www.voeoe.de

      Parosphromenus-Project www.parosphromenus-project.org

      http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books

      http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Finke_(Wissenschaftstheoretiker)

       _sprut

    • Betty Goetz
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 21, 2012
        I'd be interested in 2 copies. One for me and one I'll donate to the
        Greater Seattle Aquarium Society library. Thanks.

        Betty Goetz

      • Richardo Govia

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 21, 2012
            I would be interested in a copy.

            Larry

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 21, 2012
              I'd like a copy.

              Robert Ellermann

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 22, 2012
                Hi Mark ,I replied but dont think it went thru so here it is again...I would like a copy,put me on the list

                --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

                > Hey Folks,
                > There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.  The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.
                >
                > I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information is included.
                > Mark
                >
                > From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
                > Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
                > To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
                > Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
                >

                > David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.
                > The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.
                > Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?
                > Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the more we print now.
                > Please reply to our question as soon as possible.
                > Best wishes, Peter
                >
                > Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke
                >
                > Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (Bielefeld University)
                > Further affiliations: NNVM  www.nnvm.eu     VÖÖ www.voeoe.de
                > Parosphromenus-Project www.parosphromenus-project.org
                > http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books
                > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Finke_(Wissenschaftstheoretiker)
                >

                >  _sprut

              • Michael Zajac
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
                  Yes, I would like one.
                  Mike

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
                    you're on the list

                    Hi Mark ,I replied but dont think it went thru so here it is again...I would like a copy,put me on the list

                    --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Folks,
                    > There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.  The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.
                    >
                    > I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information is included.
                    > Mark
                    >
                    > From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
                    > Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
                    > To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
                    > Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
                    >

                    > David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.
                    > The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.
                    > Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?
                    > Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the more we print now.
                    > Please reply to our question as soon as possible.
                    > Best wishes, Peter
                    >
                    > Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke
                    >
                    > Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (Bielefeld University)
                    > Further affiliations: NNVM  www.nnvm.eu     VÖÖ www.voeoe.de
                    > Parosphromenus-Project www.parosphromenus-project.org
                    > http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books
                    > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Finke_(Wissenschaftstheoretiker)
                    >

                    >  _sprut

                  • Dave Evans
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012
                      Hi Mark:

                      I would definitely be interested in getting a copy of the book. Please add me to the list too.

                      Dave
                    • Bruce Cameron
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 23, 2012

                        Hi Mark. Please put me on the list. Thanks, Bruce Cameron

                        Hi Mark ,I replied but dont think it went thru so here it is again...I would like a copy,put me on the list

                        --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

                        > Hey Folks,
                        > There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.
                        The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.

                        > I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information
                        is included.
                        > Mark
                        >
                        > From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
                        > Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
                        > To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro
                        (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
                        > Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
                        >

                        > David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages
                        on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.
                        > The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European
                        EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.
                        > Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think
                        of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?
                        > Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the
                        more we print now.
                        > Please reply to our question as soon as possible.
                        > Best wishes, Peter
                        >
                        > Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke
                        >
                        > Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (
                        w:st="on">Bielefeld University )

                        href="http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books
                        > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Finke_(Wissenschaftstheoretiker)
                        >

                        >  _sprut

                      • Bill Little
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 24, 2012

                          Good morning Mark – looks like we have some significant interest in the Paro booklet. I count almost 30 so far. I told Peter originally I would front the cost for the original order and handle distribution for the U.S. and Canada. I am still willing to do that but don’t want to step on your toes. Let me know how you wish to proceed. I want at least 4 copies. Depending on the timing, Horst’s new book in English may also be available and we may wish to include copies of that book also in the shipment.

                          Bill

                          Hi Mark ,I replied but dont think it went thru so here it is again...I would like a copy,put me on the list

                          --- In anubiasdesign@yahoogroups.com, Anubias Design <anubiasdesign@...> wrote:

                          > Hey Folks,
                          > There will be a printing of a new booklet on licorice gouramies.  The booklet was written in German by Dr. Peter Finke and translated into English by David Armitage.  I'll be getting a copy and highly encourage you to do the same.  Cost will be app. $8-10 depending on how many they print.  If you are interested in getting a copy, please send me an email with Licorice Gouramie Booklet as the subject.  I'll keep a running count and pass the numbers on to Peter.
                          >
                          > I'm forwarding the text of Peter's email so you can see what information is included.
                          > Mark
                          >
                          > From: Peter Finke <peter.finke@...>
                          > Subject: WG: Booklet on Licorice gouramis in English language
                          > To: "Bill Little" <blittle1942@...>, "Mark Denaro (USA)" <anubiasdesign@...>
                          > Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
                          >

                          > David Armitage of the British AAGB has completed a booklet with 48 pages on the licorice gouramies fully in English language. All texts are mine and you know them (on water, food, aquarium, and all 10 species accounts plus the most sold additional forms) from our Parosphromenus-project homepage in the translation of David; all species are illustrated with partly new colour photos, habitat photos are included, too. There is a preface written by me and a concluding page on our project.
                          > The booklet which names the British AAGB, the German IGL, the European EAC and the Parosphromenus-Project as leading organizations (the planning was concluded a long time ago; I am not sure whether we could include ALFA in that row still now) will be printed in short time and could be sold to interested people for about 5 or 6 (?) British pounds (8 to 10 US dollars). That partly depends on the number of exemplars to be printed.
                          > Therefore I ask you: Are you interested in that booklet? Could you think of selling or distributing it to the members of ALFA? How many issues should we print more if the needs in America are thought of?  We would be happy to hear a number very soon. 30? 50? 100? Or what?
                          > Of course, there could be reprints later, but printing is cheaper the more we print now.
                          > Please reply to our question as soon as possible.
                          > Best wishes, Peter
                          >
                          > Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. Dr. h.c. Peter Finke
                          >
                          > Theory of Science and Cultural Ecology (Bielefeld University)
                          > Further affiliations: NNVM  www.nnvm.eu     VÖÖ www.voeoe.de
                          > Parosphromenus-Project www.parosphromenus-project.org
                          > http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/3495481370/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=299956&s=books
                          > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Finke_(Wissenschaftstheoretiker)