Re: Aquascpaing pt. 2: Automatic Fertilizer Dosing?

  • Corey W
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2012

      I don't have the numbers handy but my local plant group gave me a listing of the ideal nutrients levels to have in the tank and I keep it next to my test kit. I regularly test and adjust dosing as needed. You can probably autodose as long as you regularly test and make sure all the plants are happy, and adjust levels as needed ( if you're being hands off I would want to get in there weekly for a test and trim). Testing levels will probably tell you about issues before plants will - ideally you want to catch it before it influences the plants.

    • Norman Waaks
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2012
        Those would be good numbers to have.

        Norman Waaks
        M: 336.337.6730
      • Shaun Johnson
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012
          I would LOVE to have a list like that handy for myself.
          Also, just so I am on the same page, what levels am I testing?

          Also what are the signs of what is needed more or what is needed less?

          (i.e. Plants turning yellow means Phosphate is needed; Plants turning brown, means too much light, etc)