transfer water pumps

  • IRWIN SCHENDOWICH
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2012
      Hello all,
       Does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations for a good reliable transfer water pump? I want to replace the small pond sump pump in my swimming pool with something better and longer lasting. I want a pump that will last a long time, pump a high volume of water, and be low maintenance. I will use this pump to pump the water from my swimming [fish pond] pool to all my aquariums with a garden hose for water changes in my tanks. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Jack
    • dickhous@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2012

        Greetings Jack,

        I don’t have a swimming pool but I transfer water all over my fish room from a 55 gallon drum. I use an ordinary sump pump with a garden hose attached. I have to deflect the water as it comes out of the hose because it puts out too much in one location. The pumps are cheap and in my experience last at least 5 years. ( At our ages that just might be a life time.) I have not over the years paid any attention to brand. I have just bought what they claim were high end pumps.

        A servant of the Christ,

        Dick Houston

        houston@...

      • leeh920226@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2012

          In a message dated 8/4/12 10:15:17 AM, dickhous@... writes:

          I don’t have a swimming pool but I transfer water all over my fish room from a 55 gallon drum. I use an ordinary sump pump with a garden hose attached. I have to deflect the water as it comes out of the hose because it puts out too much in one location. The pumps are cheap and in my experience last at least 5 years. ( At our ages that just might be a life time.) I have not over the years paid any attention to brand. I have just bought what they claim were high end pumps.

          Many sump pumps are oil encased and not recommended for aquatic life. i use submersible pumps designed for aquarium use and a remote off/on switch. I do use a sump pump for discharging waste water to the sink. It failed once due to switch failure and oil leaked into the water.

          Lee Harper
          Media, PA